Sunday, December 28, 2014

Game #82- Denver Broncos

Denver Broncos vs. Buffalo Bills December 6, 2014 Mile High Stadium This weekend I am finally closing out the games in the state of CO. Luckily on this trip I was able to stay with my friends Ricky and Lindsay Webber whom I married (yep...reverend Chris at your service) about two months ago. They bought a “McMansion” just outside of Denver which makes the stay much nicer. That night before the game we went to a holiday party where I got to show off my ugly X-Mas sweater: Santa Clause pissing Merry Christmas in the snow, it was a hit. On Sunday we headed to Mile High Stadium in a sea of orange, the state of Colorado is really enjoying the resurgence of the team which is lead by future hall of famer Peyton Manning. This is one of those games where there are very few supporters of the away team, today it’s the Buffalo Bills. To be completely honest, I didn’t care who won the game. Living in San Diego I watch the Bolts, and I appreciate them when they get into the playoffs, so if Denver loses it will help out my home team…but again I just live in San Diego and everyone knows I am a Packers fan. So all of that being said I was cheering for the Broncos today. The stadium is really nice (formal name is the Sports Authority Field at Mile High). It was built in 2001 to replace the original stadium which was erected for the Denver Bears baseball team in 1948. Not a bad seat in the house, and I should know because we were practically touching one of the jumbo-trons we were so high up. But we had the good side facing the MASSIVE video display called the Thundervision 2 which sits just below the bucking bronco statue. I didn’t see any cool fan experience areas like old jerseys or team pictures, unfortunately that is what usually happens with newer stadiums. The game was tighter than I thought it would be. I haven’t seen many Buffalo games and I didn’t realize how good their defense is this year. Manning had a difficult time driving down the field and if it weren’t for some questionable calls against the Bills the score could have been drastically different. In fact, this would have been Manning’s 52nd game in a row with a TD throw, but that didn’t happen. Instead the team relied on the running ability of C.J. Anderson who took the ball in for 3 touchdowns. Final score, 24 to 17 Broncos. Best part of the weekend didn’t happen at the game. At the X-mas party, they had a white elephant gift exchange. One of Ricky’s buddies printed a full size Fathead poster of himself in only green underwear like George Costanza…amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment