Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Game #37-New York Knicks








New York Knicks vs. Atlanta Hawks
Madison Square Garden
February 16, 2011

My first time at the world famous Madison Square Garden! Funny thing, I guess I was expecting a little more magic and mystic about this place. Don’t get me wrong, I know there have been so many amazing teams, great concerts, and other famous events but in reality MSG reminded my of the Great Western Forum in Los Angeles…old. Unlike all the new arenas, the Garden pushes fans farther and farther away from the action as you go up the stairs. For this game, I couldn’t really get much farther away as I bought some really cheap seats. But I digress, let’s get to the game.

The Knicks pretty much dominated tonight. Amare Stoudimire put in 23, Wilson Chandler 20, and the Italian Stallion Danilo Gallinari had 17 as the Knickerbockers put away the Hawks 102-90. I was expecting a bit more from some of Hotlanta’s players, they are having a pretty good year and I thought it might be a closer game. But Mike Bibby (will always hate this guy from his time on the Sacramento Kings when they were actually good for a couple of years…it’s the Lakers fan in me) had a poor game only putting in 15 with 2 assists and Al Horford shot 50% while getting 12 points. The only highlight of the game was an ally oop pass to Chandler for a reverse dunk, too bad I was in line for a beer and only saw it on the TV monitor.

I tried to make the best of the game by seat hopping eventually making it to the lower bowl, dead center. I guess if I had this seat the whole time the game would have been a bit more exciting because I was sitting by a bunch of douche bags.

I was trying to think of something funny or interesting about the night but it was pretty uneventful. I guess the best part was when the fans starting chanting, “We want Melo! We want Melo!”, the reason being…he joined the Knicks only one week later. Good for the Knicks, bad timing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment