Friday, February 15, 2013

Game 63- Dallas Mavericks

Dallas Mavericks vs. Golden State Warriors February 9, 2013 American Airlines Center Tonight is the second game in two nights. Last night I hit up the Dallas Stars game, this morning I was able to visit the Sixth Floor JFK museum (a must if you are in the Dallas area), and now I am at the Mavs game with an old high school friend Joanna Knecht along with two of her local friends. Normally I would be really excited to see a team who recently won a championship, especially when they have a ton of stars on their team like Dirk Nowitzki, Sean Marion, OJ Mayo, and Vince Carter, but this team has been lackluster at best in 2013. They have one of the worst records in the league and they are playing a really up tempo, young squad from the golden state lead by Stephan Curry. I really thought it would be a GS blow out but the home team really surprised me. They were draining shots from all over the court and went into the half with a 64-36 lead. I honestly think the Warriors were plain and simply tired since this was the 4th game in 5 days but whatever, highscoring games are more exciting. The Mavs were lead by Marion who netted 26 points off of a ridiculous 11 for 16 night eventually winning the game 116 to 91. Not a lot of exciting things went on during the game. That could be because it was a blow out, or that I was being fed gigantic beers to pay for the tickets I bought for the group, but it was clear that I was well on my way to a fuzzy night. Perhaps the best parts of the night were seeing the NBA championship trophy in the lobby (as I stated in the Stars review, there are absolutely no fan fun zones in the arena so the trophy surprised me) as well as the Grambling State marching band at half time. All I know is, I have completed only 3 of 10 teams in this state. I have a lot of time left in Texas over the coming years.

No comments:

Post a Comment