Friday, March 8, 2013

Game #64- Golden State Warriors

Golden State Warriors vs. Toronto Raptors March 4, 2013 Oracle Arena What a crazy weekend. Keli and I drove up to San Francisco because I competed in the Escape from Alcatraz triathlon on Sunday. For lack of better words, that was a gnarly race. Usually it takes place in June but because of America’s Cup the organizers had to move the date up several months. I have never been in a more difficult swim in my life. 50 degree water, 3-4 foot swells, 15 mph winds, oh yeah…we also had a 1.5 mile swim from Alcatraz to the Golden Gate Bridge. So after the race we decided to stick around for an extra day to hit up a Golden State basketball game. After this, I only have the Oakland A’s and I will be done with California teams. We went to the game with long time college friend Greg Kopotic and his wife Kristen. The Oracle arena is on fabled grounds, also home to the Oakland Raiders and Oakland A’s. From what I hear this will be a thing of the past in a couple of years as the team is set to move into the city of San Francisco. As for the game it was a back an forth match that was really exciting. In fact I think it was the highest scoring game I have ever been to live. The Warriors were lead by former Knicks center David Lee with 29 points followed closely by sophomore star Stephan Curry with 26 as the home team narrowly outplayed the Raptors to a 125 to 118 win. I didn’t see a lot of outstanding dunks, ally oops, or trick passes, but man both teams made it rain. GS finished with a 57.3% field goal percentage! That’s ridiculous. Unfortunately the stadium didn’t have a lot of character outside of the seating area. I looked all around but once again no fan experience areas, no player memorabilia sections, nothing cool and exciting. I wish the teams would put a little more into the places they play.

No comments:

Post a Comment