Sunday, May 16, 2010

Game #10-Anaheim Angels









Anaheim Angels vs. Minnesota Twins
Edison Field
August 22, 2008

I know I already discussed my disgust for the Anaheim fans when I went to the Ducks game, the Angels are the same way. It was only a couple of years ago when the stadium was empty. Very few die hard Angel fans through the 80’s and 90’s…but have a couple good seasons coupled with a world championship pennant and all of a sudden this is the place to be! Whatever, I don’t hate the Angels like I do the Ducks, not exactly sure why. Well Keli and I were way up in the nosebleed section, not a big deal to me though. I think you can get some really cool pictures from up there. It didn’t take long for the Twins to take a lead, and by the time the 7th inning rolled around we were ready to leave. We headed down to the lower level to get a couple of pics and that’s when Minnesota hit a grand slam, first time I have ever seen one live. It was a perfect way to leave the game, when we hit the car the game was over and the Angels lost 13-0. I guess the most satisfying part of the game was getting a cool looking ticket. I asked about 20 people around us and everyone had a Ticketmaster stub. When we were heading down the stairs I happened to look at the ground and found the winner! Ah the simple pleasures in life.

Notes on the stadium: This ballpark is really cool. I love the huge baseball helmets as you walk into the place, I enjoy the gigantic baseball bats attached to the entrance, and the cement diamond for the kids to play around. The waterfalls in the outfield are also very eye pleasing. I like Dodger stadium for the simplicity but there is something to say about uniqueness and Edison has that feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment