Monday, May 17, 2010

Game #26-Caroline Hurricanes





Carolina Hurricanes vs. Pittsburg Penguins
RBC Center
October 14, 2009

Well, this was not a very exciting game for me, but the rest of the crowd loved it until shootouts. I am out in North Carolina for a business trip and found out about the game several weeks before I booked my flight. I was very excited about going until I realized that the client set up a dinner at 6:30pm, the game started at 7pm. Well two and a half long hours later we finally got out of the Angus Barn (yes very, very good but that is entirely too long for a dinner). When we got back to the hotel I rushed upstairs, changed, rushed back downstairs and hit up a cab. I got to the entrance and the ushers did not want to let me in until I told them my story that I am out here from California and I need to get in just to see a few minutes of the game. I ran in and saw the final shootouts (the only reason I got to see that is because they went into the 12th round) when Chris Kunitz beat Cam Ward for a Penguin's 3-2 victory. A couple other notes, Ray Whitney got two goals for the Canes and Evgeni Malkin got a goal for the Penguins. Good ending but I really wish I could have got here sooner…

Notes about the arena: I didn't get to rome around the RBC Center very long, but what I saw I liked. First are the banners, this is one of the only places that I have been to that have them hung in a circle around the scoreboard highlighted by the 2006 Stanley Cup Championship (which slightly annoyed me because the Kings have been in the league for 40 years and we have only made it to the finals once. The Canes only took a couple of years in their new home before they brought home the cup). Outside of the arena is just as cool though because the North Carolina State football stadium shares the same parking lot. The parking lot must be jumping in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment