Saturday, May 15, 2010

Game #2-Anaheim Ducks


Anaheim Ducks vs. LA Kings
Honda Center
March 26, 2008

I hate the Ducks! Yes I said it, I stand by it, I don’t care what anyone thinks. I hate the fact that the fans in Anaheim are the biggest bandwagon fans in the world. When the Ducks are bad, the city completely forgets they even have a hockey team, when they win out come the banners, the car flags, the jerseys. I guess I am even more jaded by the fact that even though the big brothers up the 5 freeway have had some really good teams, the only time we made it to the Stanley Cup the Habs stubbed out our fire in 5 games. The ducks on the other hand made great trades, picked up some of the best defensemen in the league (Scott Niedermeyer and Chris Pronger), and have solid goaltending with J.S. Guigerre. So I guess you know where this story is going…The Ducks scored first, but the Kings responded in the 3rd period. Both teams had some solid plays but when push comes to shove the teams were completely even tonight, that is until OT when the Ducks put in a chippy wrister…oh the humanity. What I will remember from this game? I wore my old school 70’s gold Kings jersey which offended 18000 Ducks fans, made for a lot of comments as Keli and I left the building…

PS-Unfortunately no pictures today, I forgot my camera at the house.

Notes on the arena: The Pond (now the Honda Center) is actually a pretty nice place to watch a game. Since the seats go up instead of out as you move higher and higher into the nosebleeds you still feel right on top of the ice which is great for the fans. I hated seeing the championship banner hanging from the rafters, but my hope is the Kings will have one in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment