Sunday, May 16, 2010

Game #11-Club Deportivo Chivas USA





Chivas USA vs. San Jose Quakes
Home Depot Center
August 23, 2008

Keli and I decided to head up for a Chivas game and meet up with DI and Amanda. This is a totally different feel than the Galaxy game. The place was a quarter full, I would say it was 85-90% Hispanic (I guess no Beckham means no swooning women), and behind the home goal were a ton of bouncing, screaming Chivas fans along with a 5 foot diameter bass drum. It was an entertaining game, a ton of good shots and remarkable saves (I wish my indoor team possessed these skills, me especially). No shots went into the onion bag but again we had fantastic seats and enjoyed the game immensely. Maybe next time I come to the Home Depot Center the home team will finally get a W, this one ened as a draw 0-0. The highlight of the game for me, the crazy crowd behind the Chivas goal thought the ball went into the net (turned out the Chivas were offside), but that didn’t stop the celebration. They kept throwing streamers and confetti onto the field for about 10 minutes. Every time the grounds crew cleaned up the mess the drum started beating and out came the party favors. Ah…hilarious!

Note on the stadium: Actually you can see the post on the LA Galaxy, both teams play at the Home Depot Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment