Monday, May 17, 2010

Game #30-Minnesota Timberwolves











Minnesota Timberwolves vs. Sacramento Kings
Target Center
March 31, 2010

This is the most anticipated, exciting game of the season…not really. The Wolves and the Kings are the two worst teams in the league, besides the Nets who have only won ten out of 70 games. I was unsure what Minnesota was going to be like since the lakes literally just unfroze a couple days ago. Before the game I ventured around the city for two hours checking out the skyline, hitting up the Mississippi river (I still love that I have to sing the spelling of that word), making my way to the metrodome, and then ending up at the new Twins stadium. As for the game it was actually fairly exciting toward the end. I got a great deal on the seats but since I went by myself I started seat jumping that eventually got me about 7 rows from the court. I caught up with the Wolves mascot Crunch for a picture and took a shot at the moving basketball man (coming up way short), all in all it was a good time. Now back to the game, like I said the end turned out pretty good. The Timberwolves were up by 17 at one point but a couple bad plays had the game as close as 7 at one point. Darko Milicic had a solid game, same with Kevin Love and Al Jefferson for the Wolves. Honestly I didn’t know any of the players on the Kings, but really is that a bad thing? Timbo’s finally closed down on the defensive end the last two minutes of the game and won 108 to 99. Fun tidbit, Crunch sleds down the aisle toward the end of the game. Not too exciting this time but if he eats it that would be priceless.

Notes on the arena: The Target Center kind of reminds me of Arco Arena a little bit. The place is fairly new but is not very fan friendly when it comes to seats because the higher you go, the farther away from the court you become. What is sad is the lack of banners for the team because unfortunately for these fans they have not had a lot to cheer about. The only banner is from the 2003-2004 season when they won the division and they still have a Minneapolis Lakers banner for the 1948-1960 team. A redeeming quality of Target center is really outside of its walls. The town is vibrant and has a lot of places to eat and see just outside the doors including the newly erected Target Field just steps away.

No comments:

Post a Comment